Thursday, July 17, 2008

Is it already time to eat again?






I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, this is just a journal entry for myself so I can look back on it and be grateful I am past this stage (although I think this activity lasts for years...) It seems like I get both girls cleaned up (which includes hands, faces, ears, necks and hair) after they eat, along with their trays, their chairs, and the floor and I turn around and it's time to do it all over again! Also, other than the fact they are adorable and great eaters, the actual activity we do 3 times a day isn't all that enjoyable for me either. I haven't figured out how to feed three kids and myself all at the same time. Usually Caleb is whining, both girls are screaming for more and I'm running around the kitchen like a maniac. So, does anyone have any helpful suggestions?

2 comments:

Lucky Mommy said...

I read this post a few days ago and have been thinking about how to answer. I myself lost 10 pounds during this feeding stage because I ate so quickly, so little, and it was mostly the soft vegetables the boys were eating.

Some suggestions 1. Eat after the girls eat. Feed them first, then you and Caleb eat together while they play. Or, let Caleb eat while they eat, but you eat afterwards. 2. Have all of everyone's food ready to go before you start feeding anyone. Then you won't be up and down so many times and you can try to sneak in a few bites yourself. 3.When you move on to cut up finger foods at about 10 months you'll be able to eat while they eat. In fact, they may take forever to eat. Just make sure all of the food is cut up before you start the meal or you will spend the whole time cutting their food and not eating your own. Hence the 10 lb weight loss. Too bad it all came back once they started really self feeding consistently this spring!

If these ideas don't work with an older kid in the house, I'll have my 2 friends with twins and an older child send you some thoughts. Hang in there! It keeps getting easier and more fun.

Annalyn said...

What a hard stage - you know that is why poor Max didn't start eating for so long...so hard!!! I don't really have any suggestions, Max is at the stage where he won't eat unless you let him do it himself - and his very favorites are cottage cheese and yogurt!!! Yuck! I finally had to let myself just relax a little, and realize that I am just going to have to clean up a huge mess, every time! My frustration now is everytime I go into the kitchen to clean up or get something for someone - everybody thinks it's time to eat something, and then it is whino city!!! Love you, lets talk again soon...