Sunday, May 24, 2009

One FULL day

Last Friday morning we were in the car by 8:10 (hard to do) and off to the zoo. The hour and a half drive flew by for Caleb, who enjoyed the dvd player in the car for the first time since we bought the van. (Yes, we kept it a secret for a year and a half!) Toy Story and eating breakfast kept the girls busy for a while, but at about and hour and 10 minutes they had had enough. I know, pretty sad - we really are not a car trip kind of family quite yet.

It was a pretty humid day and mom and dad got a workout pushing the strollers (double jogger and umbrella) around, plus the hotdogs were the worst. However, things like seeing the girls faces light up when they recognized the elephants and getting to see Caleb experience the gorilla right on the other side of the glass made EVERYTHING worth it.

Yes, by this point we were tired and ready to climb into an air-conditioned car (especially when it entailed getting to hold onto blanky's and binks).

4 comments:

Rachel said...

So tell me you bought an annual pass and want to go back sometime this fall when the humidity is back to a reasonable level.

The zoo here is aweseome. Makes Hogle look like a trailer park for the animal kingdom! :) Glad you had fun, and I'm amazed you kept a car entertainment system a secret for such a long time. Way to go!

Annalyn said...

These are so fun - I'm sad I am only now checking for pictures. I hope you had a great week! How is that garden - harvesting anything yet? I should take a pic of my front yard - I think it looks great!

Lucky Mommy said...

Good work! I try to keep reminding myself that things like that are worth the effort.

Ruth said...

Fun! I love the zoo. Sad that it's so far away.